1900-2014

    By the 20th century, most gravestones were made with machines, and designs were often chosen from catalogues. Despite this, gravestones continued to be diverse.
    The North Burial Ground continued to grow in the early 20th century. In 1902, it received $30,000 to create a new receiving tomb. 5 years later, it had 33 full time employees and 31,000 burials since 1848. However, the burial ground's funding was cut in the 1940s. Labor and maintenance decreased as vandalism increased. In the 1960s, graves in the northwest corner of the cemetery were moved to make room for Interstate 95. The cemetery improved with the creation of the Armenian Martyrs Memorial at the entrance.
    In the 21st century, the North Burial Ground continues to be an active cemetery that serves as a historical landmark and a place for people to browse gravestones.